06 / 09 / 2013
Must have experience as a Buyer in the automotive industry, ideally Tier One.
Purchasing Manager is a top level position in purchasing. This position requires development of a supplier base consistent with price, quality and on-time delivery to support all production part and material requirements including supplier selection. Manager is responsible for cost reduction initiatives and supply strategies for assigned commodities in support of corporate and individual goals. Buyer will assist in improvement activities and general staff support.
Company is located in Lerma Edo. Mex
Major supplier to an automotive manufacturer
1. Sources and negotiates with potential suppliers, requests RFQ’s, evaluates and analyzes results and recommends suppliers based on documented QCDDM in conformance with company standards.
2. Works with engineering, manufacturing, and user groups to find cost savings opportunities.
3. Benchmarks assigned commodities, conducts market research and communicates directly with GAP buyers when applicable.
4. Performs cost analysis with a thorough understanding of cost factors.
5. Sources “best value” products through domestic, international, and LCC suppliers. Buyer should possess a basic understanding of product flow through import/export and customs/broker process.
6. Achieves cost reduction goals for assigned commodities in support of corporate directive.
7. Possesses an understanding of contractual language and the fundamental skills for contract writing.
8. Evaluates supplier performance, stability and institutes improvements and corrective action as required.
9. Interface with Supplier Quality Assurance on production part PPAPs and quality issues.
10. Prepares and monitors documents such as blanket and tooling requisitions, cost reduction worksheets, part analysis spreadsheets and industry trends of assigned commodities.
11. Participates in and supports AQP activities in support of New Product Launch activities.
12. Initiates request for quotation from PCR/ERA and provides costs and timing to CMD.
13. Implements design changes in response to approved PCR/ERA.
14. Maintains purchase order files (i.e. quotes, blanket orders, warrants, prints, design changes, etc.) to support operation and systems.
15. Compiles and evaluates data for various weekly, monthly, and annual reports (cost reduction, market fluctuation, LCC, supplier ratings, supplier scrap, budget variance, supplier expenditure).
16. Visits supplier locations for VA/VE workshops, tool audits, readiness audits, etc.
17. Attends departmental training, company meetings and HR training awareness sessions.
18. Communicates frequently with internal and external contacts on various issues.
19. Performs other duties as necessary.
Two to five years of experience
Training in one or more developmental areas (i.e. negotiation, contract writing, cost analysis, legal, leadership development, etc).